The Committee on the Rights of the Child is a coalition of non-governmental, social and cultural organizations created in 1991 as a result of the ratification by our country of the International Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Said Convention, in its articles 43, 44 and 45, provided for the formation of an International Committee on the Rights of the Child that functions within the orbit of the United Nations, whose task is to receive information from all the countries that ratified it, to the effects of verifying the real situation of children’s rights.
To carry out an exhaustive follow-up on the conditions of respect for the rights of children and adolescents, the preservation of achievements working for their advancement together with the defense of possible legal, political and social setbacks obtained in this area, is our responsibility. main task.
Our actions are organically composed of:
1. A Coordinating Team, currently made up of the following organizations:
- Gurises Unidos: represented by Lucía Avellanal
- SERPAJ: represented by Mauro Tomasini
- IELSUR represented by Ignacio Salamano
- Uruguay Section DNI: represented by Juan Fumeiro
- New Moon: represented by Alfredo Correa
- El Abrojo: represented by Gastón Cortés
2. A Plenary made up of the following organizations:
- SOS Children’s Villages – Uruguay
- SERPAJ (Peace and Justice Service);
- Gustavo Volpe National Movement;
- Life and Education;
- DNI (Defense of Children International – Uruguay Section);
- San José Human Rights Group
- Gurises Unidos;
- PLENADI (National Plenary of Disabled Organizations
- We are Ong;
- Theatrical Institution “El Galpón”
- Popular Education Center;
- Institute of Popular Education “el abrojo”
- La Barca Home;
- Rescuing Smiles (Maldonado);
- Open Center (Rivera);
- Institute of Legal and Social Studies of Uruguay IELSUR
- Marists – Uruguay
- CIAR (Center for Research and Recreational Contributions);
- ADESU – Association of Social Educators of Uruguay
- People in a personal capacity involved in childhood.
Communication: Mauricio Vázquez Correa