Monitoring Of The Convention
The monitoring is carried out through joint work with different social and non-governmental organizations and people in particular who are members of Civil Society, who provide this Committee with reports corresponding to the situation of children’s rights in the different areas: education , health, child labor, deprivation of liberty, street situation, mistreatment and abuse, disability, among others.
The Convention on the Rights of the Child gives legal expression to the principle that children have independent human rights.
The CDN is based on four general principles:
- Best Interest of the Child
- Survival and development
Vision of the CDN:
The vision of the CRC is described as a society in which children are recognized as:
- Legitimate holders of rights.
- Individuals capable of participating in society.
- Individuals in need of additional care and protection.
This is the vision of a model of society in which all decisions regarding children are based on a non-discrimination approach and on what is considered the best interests of the child. Actions to directly confront violations of children’s rights:
Practical responses to violations of children’s rights.
Create methods of protection against violations through campaigns and approaches that increase and strengthen knowledge about rights.
Observing the interactions between the child and the local environment, which directly influence their development, such as the guaranteed participation of children in decisions that involve their own development, the observation of the situation of children and the treatment of the discrimination.
Actions to promote decisions in favor of children’s rights from legislative, political and administrative bodies:
- Activities that increase awareness of rights among those who make policy decisions and among those responsible for enforcing rights, both at the community and international levels.
- Actions that promote the development and progress of existing systems and that establish the creation of new ones that contribute to creating a moment of change for children.
Advocacy activities in every stratum of society that promote decision-making aimed at improving the status of the Rights of the Child.
- Actions that favor the generation of consensus for the benefit of the rights of the Child among members of the government, professionals, the media, the private sector and civil society.
Actions that promote knowledge, understanding, commitment and the ability to carry out such actions among stakeholders / beneficiaries.
- Establish partnerships with grassroots community organizations, NGOs, and government agencies at all levels within society.
Participate and create networks between professionals, the media, the private sector, and stakeholders.